Wish to jailbreak the iPad 2? It is quite simple and easy. All you have to do is follow a few simple instructions. To develop software to jailbreak this device was harder than for iPad 1 because the firmware and hardware was much more updated. The processor chipset had a lot more complications as the firmware and hardware was relatively new. There were also numerous updates made to the iOS, making it harder.
The Absinthe tool was released for jailbreak of iPad 2 on the IOS 5.0.1 only for the Mac versions. For Windows, there is the need of a computer to use this tool. To jailbreak iPad 2 for Windows quickly and safely,there has been a new command line Redsn0w that was released as a tool. You will have to upgrade the iPad with the use of iTunes and will have to install the version 5.0.1 through the download of the stock firmware. This tool works only for version 5.0.1, although the latest version is 5.1. If you want to jailbreak the iPad 2, here are given step- wise instructions on how to do so:
* Step 1: Download the Redsn0w CLI tool and then extract the zip file. The zip fil must be extracted on to the root drive of your device
* Step 2: Using a USB cable, connect the iPad 2 to a computer
* Step 3: Using administrator privileges, launch a command prompt that is elevated.
* Step 4: Navigate to the cinject folder through the use of CD command.
* Step 5: Type out the following: cinject.exe-I payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig and then press the Enter key.
* Step 6: A window will open that will require you to Install Profile on your iPad. Click on the Install button. The installation wizard will complete the installation process.
* Step 7: In the command prompt, type out the following: cinject.exe –j payloads and then press the Enter key.
* Step 8: Type out the following: cinject.exe –w and then press the enter key once again. You will have to wait for a while for this command to complete its execution.
* Step 9: Launch the Settings application on your iPad 2
* Step 10: Go to General heading under settings. Then go to Network and select VPN
* Step 11: Your device will show a VPN error. This error cannot be handled or corrected. Therefore, you must just ignore it. Following this, your iPad 2 will then reboot. There will be many errors showing up on the command prompt during the rebooting process. These are expected errors. Do not do anything about them for now. Just wait until the rebooting is completed.
* Step 12: After the reboot completes, look for an icon called Cydia on the springboard of your iPad 2. Your jailbreak is complete with this.
Once you have jailbroken your device, you can enjoy the freedom to download apps besides those available on the Apple App Store. Learn also how to jailbreak the iPad 1 and iPad 3.