Do you want to jailbreak an iPad 1 with Windows and iOS 5.1.1? It is very easy and simple using RedSn0w. This method of jailbreaking is boot tethered, that is, you have to connect to the computer every time you reboot the device. All you have to do is follow a couple of simple instructions and before you know it, you will have completed the process of jailbreaking without much effort on your part. Here are complete instructions on how to go about the process:
* Step 1: You have to create a folder named Pwnage on your desktop. Download the updated version of the Resdsn0w software and store it is in this folder. If you already have the 5.1.1 firmware on your iOS 5.1.1, then you are not required to download it again. Now, you have to extract the Redsn0w zipped file.
* Step 2: This step is to be followed only if you do not have iOS 5.1.1. If you already do, then move on to the next step. Connect the iPad 1 to a computer and launch the iTunes. Choose iPad from the list of device to the right. Press down on the Shift key and click Restore. This is to be done to avoid the creation of wasted space in your device. Return to Pwnage folder and choose 5.1.1 firmware. Then click on Choose in order to continue. This will do the necessary updating.
* Step 3: Launch from the Redsn0w folder the Redsn0w application.
* Step 4: Open Redsn0w and click on the button Jailbreak.
* Step 5: Connect your iPad 1 to the computer and ensure that it is switched off. Click on Next.
* Step 6: Redsn0w will instruct you through the DFU mode installation. Press down on the Home and Power buttons for about 10 seconds. Leave Power but hold Home until your device is detected by Redsn0w.
* Step 7: Your iPad 1 will now be rebooted.
* Step 8: Redsn0w will prepare the data for jailbreak now
* Step 9: There will appear a list of choices. Choose Cydia and click on the Next button to proceed.
* Step 10: The device will reboot again now. Redsn0w will start uploading the Kernel and RAM Disk.
* Step 11: Soon after this completes, there will be a notification saying that RedSn0w has completed. After this, when the iPad is done rebooting, which may take about 5 minutes, the device will have been jailbroken along with Cydia on its SpringBoard.
With this, your jailbreak will be successful. The final step is to run RedSn0w on boot tethered. For this, go to the RedSn0w menu. Click on Extras button. Choose Just Boot from this menu to complete this step as well.
Once you jailbreak, you will have root access to your operating system and can download a number of additional extensions, applications, themes, etc that are otherwise not available easily on the Apple App Store. Learn how to jailbreak your iPad 2 and iPad 3 as well.